Sunday, September 18, 2011

Jesus Said Love Dallas

When I was a freshman in college my friend Sze-lyn gave me a book to read.  It was called "Jesus with dirty feet."  I don't remember anything about the book but the title of it came to my mind the other day when I was prompted to consider getting my feet "dirty" like Jesus did during the days in which he ministered on this earth.  I have been prayerfully considering how I might become involved in a new ministry that has evolved in Dallas. There is an organization in Dallas for women who are prostitutes.  It is called Jesus Said Love Dallas.  I believe that God calls us to minister to everyone.  Jesus ate with tax collectors and sinners.  And there were many who criticized him for the work that he did.  Yet his reply was simple.    “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance." (Mark 2:17).  So please join me in praying for these women who are in a difficult situation in their lives.  Please join me in praying for this ministry and please join me in praying as I ask the Lord for guidance and clarity on what steps I should take in helping these beautiful women of God come to know HIM, see HIM, and be washed clean of their own sins, so that they too can know that they are HIS beautiful daughters!

No comments:

Post a Comment